I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind
he broke his own heart and I watched
he broke his own heart and I watched
as he
tried to reassemble it
and my momma swore
that she would never let herself forget
and that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist
But Darlin...
you are the only exception
and my momma swore
that she would never let herself forget
and that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist
But Darlin...
you are the only exception
you are the only exception
you are the only exception
you are the only exception
maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
that love never lasts
maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
that love never lasts
and
we've got to find other ways to
make it alone
keep a straight face
and I've always lived like this,
keep a straight face
and I've always lived like this,
keeping
a comfortable distance
and up until now I had sworn to myself
and up until now I had sworn to myself
that
I'm content with loneliness
because none of it was ever worth the risk
because none of it was ever worth the risk
well
you are the only exception
you are the only exception
you are the only exception
you are the only exception
you are the only exception
I've got a tight grip on reality
but I can't let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up
I've got a tight grip on reality
but I can't let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up
leave
me with some kind of proof it's not a dream
oh oh oh
and I'm on my way to believing
oh and I'm on my way to believing
oh oh oh
and I'm on my way to believing
oh and I'm on my way to believing
A song recommended by someone long time ago.
Listening to it while doing works recently.
An emotional song which touch your feeling. Sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment